A scientist research told that learning to play a musical instrument is good for developing brains, especially for children and this improves their academic results. If a child actively participates in the creation of music in a music class, he or she begins to hear and process sounds that they couldn’t otherwise hear. By learning a musical instrument, it encourages the child to be more on-task during usual academic lessons. It is proved that if learning and practicing a musical instrument has helped in developing a child’s brain. Here is a list of benefits of learning a musical instrument. These are as follows:
· It helps a person in sharpening concentration. It is never an easy task for a person to learn and perfect a piece on any musical instrument. It is nevertheless high effort for any person and in return, he or she gets a high reward. Learning musical instrument helps in the character development of a person.
· To learn a musical instrument perfectly, a person requires sharp observation power and a high level of sensitivity towards change in rhythm so that one can able to react quickly at the right moment. This helps a person in daily conversation and interaction with other people as well.
· When a person understands the basic of music, one might try to think of creating a new song or modifying parts of a song. It increases creativity.
· When a person performs in front of a group of people or crowd, it helps in developing confidence and maintaining composure in front of many people. It helps in overcoming shyness in a social context.
· Interacting with other like-minded people passionate about music not only encourages people to develop the skills in the musical instrument but also creates opportunities for one to meet new people in a network.
· While playing an instrument, you can also attract many people who like music as well. One can express all his or her feelings through playing or singing a song. One can speak their heart out. When you play music on your instrument, it also removes a lot of stress to a great extent.